Xerox Alto on eBay

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Wed Apr 13 23:26:56 CDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 7:52 PM, jwsmobile <jws at jwsss.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/2016 6:18 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
>

>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/XEROX-ALTO-II-XM-SYSTEM-COMPLETE-MONITOR-KEYBOARD-MOUSE-DISKS-CASE/282003972041
>>
>> didn't sell for $40000, so now it's $40005
>>
>> trying to decide if I should report him for this message I got from him.
>>
>> New message from: paperonebonaparte (964Purple Star)
>>
>> photos in internet. please send email for private business and offers.
>>

>> Nick Allen says this was sold to an individual and was to go to an
> Italian museum of some sort, but the deal must have fallen thru. Price is a
> bit steep for a non working unit.
>
> Side discussion on Facebook says that media is rare too.  None with the
> system (I think) from the discussion there.
> thanks
> Jim

This looks screwy.  Why not offer photos of the unit you get?  Why is the
Diablo missing from the cabinet?

Media/software is available around and about, FYI.  The media is a pretty
standard RK05 cartridge (12 sector).

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."