DECmate II Questions

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Apr 2 12:49:05 CDT 2016

> On Apr 2, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> I have been looking at my DECmate II recently. I got an Italian version of
> WPS 1.0 for it and that works fine, except that I don't have an Italian
> keyboard so finding some of the characters is a bit tricky. :)
> Any recommendations for how best to image RX50 diskettes? I want to preserve
> the diskettes I have.

Are they the same format (80 tracks, 10 sectors, 512 bytes) as the RX50 on PDP11s?  If yes, you can either use a PDP11, or you can configure Linux to 10 sector per track format and use dd.  If the sector ordering is as strange as on the PDP11, dd will get the data very much out of order, but it should all be there.  I can find the PDP11 interleave rules if you need them.

	paul