Broken BA123

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Sat Apr 2 01:20:05 CDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 09:25:38PM -0700, David Coolbear wrote:
> If my house were on fire and I had to pick what to save, near the top of my
> list would be my MicroVAX in a BA123 enclosure. It is by FAR my favorite
> computer. Sadly, there was a tragic accident and the ventilation louver,
> just about the power switch got broken. I know, I know. How could this
> happen? I am overcome by guilt. I can't rest until my poor, sad VAX is fully
> repaired and back to it's perfect condition.

Is it the one on the front or is there a breaker on the back?

> I've tried to repair it, but not had satisfactory results. Is there anyone
> out there that would be willing to sell me a replacement?

The front breaker on my MicroPDP-11 broke and they are still made. I couldn't find
the right color but I could reuse the original housing:

http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/pdp1173_restore.shtml

I'm not certain it's the same for the VAX in BA123.

An issue though is that the bulb in the new switch didn't light up but I guess
that is a problem with the fron panel PCB. Pergaps it is configurable with a
jumper?

Speaking of BA123. Does anyone have a set of skins for sale?

/P