One more try - Can you ID this S-100 Serial board?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Sep 30 23:17:06 CDT 2015

I couldn't spot how they did level shifting to RS232 levels.  The SI
signal appears to go to a 7400 next to one of the Uarts.

One of the Uarts is one which requires it would seem 12 v as well, but
it doesn't do the levels for rs232  (AY-3-1015)

I'd need sharper images and possession of the board to peer at it for an
hour or so to try to figure it out.

Also the edge card space from the dual 50 pin headers seem to be
suspicious.  i don't have an S100 spec to look at handy, but I was going
to see if there is any decoding going on, or maybe this is just a buffer
board to go to another system.  There seems to be a lot of LS244 and so
forth going on on the way to the edge card connectors, which smells more
like a buffer board than a serial board.  that is is not populated but
for the two 10 pin connectors is more interesting.

Maybe someone else will figure out more or know more.

thanks
Jim