assembler, disassembler for Intel 8089?

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 01:37:19 CDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:41 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, I thought ASM89 used brackets for indicating addressing modes.

It does, so it doesn't have the parenthesis problem per se. I only
brought up the parenthesis as a general example of problems with
conventions for addressing modes of some processors conflicting with
general assembly parsing. I should have been more clear that the 8089
doesn't have that particular issue.

> Regardless, take a look at Microsoft ML assembler (6.xx) macros.  You can
> indeed manipulate arguments character-by-character.

Cool. I might play with that some time, but in general I'd rather
invest my efforts into adding that feature to AS. And for now, I'm
likely to just special-case it in a native 8089 mode for AS, which
already has to do such things for other processors, including the
6502.