Calcomp 1039 plotter docs?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Sep 21 10:47:27 CDT 2015

On 09/21/2015 01:45 AM, Erik Baigar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> the 1039 is an interesting plotter I have got a 1038/1039 as well: There are two
> big
> PCBs inside - one is for the low level functions (essentally driving the servos
> and
> drawing lines using TTL implemented Bresenham) the second one contains the
> computer (68xx based) which is handling the communication.

Hmm, that sounds like my 1076C.  One board had a 68000 that
ran the plotter servos, the other was the "plot manager"
that had a big RAM buffer and sorted the plot vectors for
optimum speed.  I think it mostly communicated with the host
computer and plotter main board by serial.  Both boards had
68K processors.

Jon