12" Floppy Disks

Sam O'nella barythrin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:25:30 CDT 2015

Is he also in the UK? Details or dates would help. Did he say it was a floppy like disk or just disc like a platter? I have to look around but i actually have something that sounds like it but I've never looked up what it really was. Figured it'd be disappointing and newer than it looks lol. I dont have a web site to display pictures but i can look for it and email you or someone else a shot of it.  My guess is its really a magnetic backup tape.  I haven't measured it but venture i can take a picture of it in front of a trs-80 model 2 that has 8" drives for comparison.

I've been contacted by a teacher who's looking for any information about
12" floppies. Am I imagining that they really existed? I'm sure I've seen
one or seen adverts for them, maybe at Bletchley Park. Others he's
contacted think he's getting confused with 12" laser discs but I'm not so
sure.

Anyone?

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?