Tu10 pdp11

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sun Sep 6 07:20:00 CDT 2015

On 9/6/2015 3:15 AM, Eric Smith wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Jay Jaeger <cube1 at charter.net> wrote:
>> Just to be clear, a TU10, even a master, does NOT connect directly to a
>> PDP-11.  Instead, a cable of the same general ilk as a BC11 UNIBUS Cable
>> (but I have not verified it is in fact the same kind of cable) connects
>> the drive to the TM11 controller.
>
> That's true, but a TM11 controller can be installed in the TU10 master cabinet.

Of course.  Mine is set up that way - both in the same 19" rack (plus a
PDP-11/05 and a DECCassette drive and other stuff I could fit it).  But
remember that the original correspondent at first mentioned only ONE
backplane (singular), so I thought it prudent to point this out lest he
connect the TU10 to the UNIBUS with heaven only knows what bad things
could happen results.  Once he read my note, he provided more info which
did indicate he had two different backplanes.

JRJ