Tu10 pdp11

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Sep 5 13:25:28 CDT 2015

    > From william degnan

    > I was looking to see if references to the tm11 were "module/card" or
    > backplane interface.

I think pretty much all that earliest generation of UNIBUS interfaces were
stand-alone backplanes (i.e. 19" wide things that went in an H960 in a fixed
location, and were filled with the small Flip Chip modules); the RK11-C,
RP11-C, RF11, and TC11 all are.

    > I surprisingly found little commentary or threads about the TU10 /
    > TM11, other than DEC docs. I guess these are not super common

Yeah, I think they were the first PDP-11 tape drives - not as rare as RF11's
now, but pretty rare.

	Noel