Possible road trip....Illnois, Canada, Maine and back

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Fri Sep 4 13:45:15 CDT 2015

Last year, I made a 10 hour round-trip from Canada to the US to pick up a Northstar Horizon.  Upon returning to Canada with it, I had a long conversation with Canada Customs about why I would make a 10-hour day-trip to the US to pick up a “piece of obsolete junk” unless it had some real value, and if it had real value, Her Majesty wanted taxes on that value.  He suggested that next time I bring with me printed copies of any paper trail, such as emails offering the ‘junk’ for free or cheap, examples of eBay listings showing the actual value, etc.

YMMV

Ian