MicroVAX 3800 DSSI Issues

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Tue Sep 1 15:34:32 CDT 2015

> Looks like they're online but not mounted. If I'm reading the help pages
> correctly, I should just be able to mount it at this point:
>
> ROHIT1$ mount dub0: disk0
> %MOUNT-F-INCVOLLABEL, incorrect volume label
> -MOUNT-I-VOLIDENT, label = 'USER01      ', owner = '            ', format =
> 'DECFILE11B  '
>
> I tried giving it the correct label, but it still didn't seem to mount. Now
> I wanted to see if the MSCP server is running:

What happens if you try:

$ MOUNT /NOASSIST /SYSTEM DUB0: USER01

> ROHIT1$ show device/served
>       MSCP-Served Devices on ROHIT1  1-SEP-2015 10:55:19.39
>
>                                             Queue Requests
> Device:           Status      Total Size     Current    Max     Hosts
> %SHOW-E-MSCPNOTLD, MSCP-Server code not loaded

This will only affect the ability to mount locally attached disks from other
nodes in the cluster.  It should not have any bearing on mounting them on the
same cluster node they are attached to.

> No, it doesn't look like it...so getting back to the >>> prompt, I do a bit
> more investigation:

> UQSSP Disk Controller 0 (772150)
> -DUA0 (RF71)
>
> UQSSP Disk Controller 1 (760334)
> -DUB0 (RA81)
> -DUB1 (RA81)
>
> UQSSP Disk Controller 2 (760340)
> -DUC10 (RA81)
>
> UQSSP Tape Controller 0 (774500)
> -MUA0 (TK70)
>
> Ethernet Adapter 0 (774440)
> -XQA0 (08-00-2B-17-3F-37)
>
> I should be able to get to the PARAMS> prompt now:

> Starting DUP server...
>
> UQSSP Disk Controller 1 (760334)
>
> Stopping DUP server...
> >>>

> Or not? Why can't I seem to get to the prompt? I can with disk 0:

SET HOST /DUP only works for DSSI disks - DUB0 is not a DSSI disk.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.