Trying to get my RLV11 working

Ben Sinclair ben at bensinclair.com
Wed Oct 28 15:40:46 CDT 2015

Well I just figured out something important...The switch numbers on my
board backwards! I was going over the docs again, and noticed that MSB
and LSB in their board diagram were on the wrong sides, compared to
the switch numbers referenced on the next page. I'm not sure if that's
just the way it is, or maybe someone replaced my switches at some
point. After changing my switches I can now read 774400, which gives
me 144201.

The VRLAC0 diagnostic now goes further, but it thinks something is
wrong. Now of course I have no idea what it thinks is wrong here!

DR>START

CHANGE HW (L)  ? Y

# UNITS (D)  ? 1

UNIT 0
11/23 PROCESSOR (L) Y ?
BUS ADDRESS (O)  174400 ?
VECTOR (O)  160 ? 330
DRIVE (O)  0 ?
BR LEVEL (O)  5 ?

CHANGE SW (L)  ? Y

DROP ON ERROR LIMIT (L) N ?
AUTOSIZE (L) N ?

CVRLA DVC FTL ERR  00113 ON UNIT 00 TST 009 SUB 000 PC: 020052
BUS RESET DID NOT CLEAR RLCS
CONTROLLER: 174400  DRIVE: 0
EXP'D: 140200 REC'D: 144200

CVRLA DVC FTL ERR  00004 ON UNIT 00 TST 012 SUB 000 PC: 020264
RLCS READ/WRITE ERROR (BIT 0 DON'T CARE)
CONTROLLER: 174400  DRIVE: 0
EXP'D: 140200 REC'D: 144200

CVRLA DVC FTL ERR  00007 ON UNIT 00 TST 015 SUB 000 PC: 020600
BIT SET INSTRUCTION ON RLCS YIELDED WRONG RESULT
CONTROLLER: 174400  DRIVE: 0
EXP'D: 140200 REC'D: 144200

CVRLA DVC FTL ERR  00008 ON UNIT 00 TST 016 SUB 000 PC: 020724
BIT CLEAR INSTRUCTION ON RLCS YIELDED WRONG RESULT
CONTROLLER: 174400  DRIVE: 0
EXP'D: 141776 REC'D: 145776

... And many more!

--