Substituting DSHD for DSDD disks (or DS2D if you prefer)

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:07:52 CDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015, ben wrote:
> On 10/25/2015 1:03 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:
>

> >Blaming the medium for the content?
> >Or, . . .
> >if you were putting something like that onto disks,
> >would you spring the money for high quality ones?
> >
> I suspect the reason they failed was not service
> but a) PC's had games b) Ma Bell wanted a arm and a leg
> for long distance connections.
> Ben.

Actually, in many areas of the US, they had local dialup numbers that
connected to their service through Tymnet and/or Telenet, so long
distance didn't apply. Maybe in rural areas those access points were
still long distance, though. But AOL itself had per-minute premium rates
for quite a while.

--
        Eric Christopherson