Substituting DSHD for DSDD disks (or DS2D if you prefer)

Joseph Lang joe.lang.0000 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:39:26 CDT 2015

This list seems to me to be populated with "build your own" types, so make your own degausser.
Decades ago I repaired the tape eraser at the TV station I worked at. Once I saw how it was built I built my own. Take a transformer (something about 100 watt or more) pull the laminations out (the hard part) line up all the 'E's put them back. Discard the 'I's.
It will buzz like mad and get hot in a minute but produce a very strong AC magnetic field.
Keep it away from your shadow mask color TV!

Joe