Couplers for Sun DB13W3<->VGA DE15 adapter

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:47:11 CDT 2015

I have a Sun machine with a 13W3 framebuffer output, which is connected
via a Monoprice VGA adapter to my LCD monitor. It works great, but the
ends of the standoff bolts without nuts come together where the VGA
cable meets the adapter; that is to say, the VGA cable's nuts are on the
far side of the shell from its male end, and the adapter's nuts are on
the far side of the shell from its female end.

I'm wondering what I can put between the two to keep the cable from
disconnecting from the adapter. Some searches seem to indicate I want
some 4x40 (or 4-40) female-female (coupling) nuts; does this seem
correct?

--
        Eric Christopherson