Retro Reproduction.

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:27:14 CDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I should also add.... if people are talking about reproducing DEC switch
> handles (the plastic covers)... I would love to get spares for my DG gear so
> whatever process works for the dec ones may be helpful there.

Do the DG handles have the same problems as DEC switch handles?
(fragile pivots that break off)

I'd say the first step is what Vince Slyngstad has done with several
DEC handles - capture an accurate shape in some flavor of CAD.  From
there, Shapeways or an SLA printer should make a nice, functional
replacement.  SLA will produce brittle but visually beautiful parts.
SLS (Shapeways) will produce stronger parts but with a matte finish -
functionally nice, but palpably different.  Perhaps a couple coats of
paint would smooth that over.

-ethan