VT100 and/or VT105 rescued from scrap

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:05:12 CDT 2015

>> Note that while in theory the AVO was an added option, the VT102 did not
> have it (or the printer port) as separate parts that were added to a basic
> VT100. The VT102 had a different board with all those options already on
> the motherboard, and no additional options could be installed.
>
> So, you cannot take the AVO options out of a VT102 and add it to a VT100
> (for example).
>
> Also, for example, the keyboard on a VT100 differs from a VT102.
> You could use a VT100 keyboard on a VT102, and vice versa, but the LEDs on
> the keyboard of a VT102 are used for different things than on a VT100.
>
>         Johnny

Thanks for the clarification.  I you're saying for the 101 and 102 you
start with a core terminal at the factory and they add the options or it's
a field upgrade kind of thing because parts not swapped out easily or
added.  I confirm about the ROMs too, I noticed that the SetUp menus differ
depending on what options are installed.