VT100 and/or VT105 rescued from scrap

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu Oct 22 09:27:50 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-22 15:32, william degnan wrote:
> Let me clarify... I agree the 100 is a separate machine from the "core
> 101/102" terminal, even with the same options.
>
> On my vt100 the ROM is different than my vt102, but my 100 has the 132 char
> graphics upgrade so it's functionally like the 102 in that way.  Looks
> differently inside.

Having 132 columns does not necessarily mean anything.
A standard VT100 have 132 columns. However, it only have 12 lines when
in 132 column mode. It also have only one attribute on characters, which
is either underline or reverse. And that depends on what style of cursor
you have.

The AVO options adds 132 columns with 24 lines, as well as all four
attributes.

	Johnny