DecServer 550 chassis

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Mon Oct 19 02:57:19 CDT 2015

On 10/19/2015 12:42 AM, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
> Interesting. I thought Tthe DECserver 550 was merely the big brother in
> the terminal server line. But it looks like it is essentially a
> PDP-11/53 with 1.5MW of ram, you need new boot roms though. Pretty nice.
>
> http://home.windstream.net/engdahl/kdj11.htm
>
> /P
Thanks for the link.  I've already been analyzing that.  Tomorrow will
pull it out, clean it off and see what more details can be had.  The KDJ
was an interesting surprise.

We may have enough to do the conversion talked about in the articles he
has, but they aren't for the faint hearted w/o reading all that he has
there.

We may have the RQ controller which is pretty much an essential bit to
have.  The disk drive is another matter.  Will take some rummaging
around to find a suitable candidate.

Thanks
Jim