Data General NOVA 4/C help

R SMALLWOOD rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 19 00:40:04 CDT 2015

Hi
     If the terminal is rs232 get a break out box if you don't already have one.
If terminal plug is a 25way D type connect pins 2 and 3 then see if you get an echo back.
Some times the terminal looks for a control signal but 99% of the time pins 2,3 and 7 (ground) are all you need
Speed, parity and stop bits are probably ok if the terminal was part of the system
The BOB will tell you if the CPU serial port is alive. LEDS on pins 2 and 3 should be on.

Once the terminal is running then you should get some kind of response from the system.

Rod