Oddball floppies for trade - 8", HS (outer edge), weird cutout

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Oct 19 00:14:57 CDT 2015

On 10/18/2015 08:39 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

> As 3rd party vendors in the IBM plug-compatible arena went, Memorex
> was pretty large.  We had an IBM shop at Washington University, but
> after the CPUs, practically the whole room went to Memorex-supported
> gear. They get 3330-compatible drives, later upgraded to
> 3350-compatible, and maybe later upgraded again.  They used Memorex
> 3674 controllers (they had 2 of them).  They had at least one Memorex
> 1270 com controller. They had two 370/145s with AMS/Intersil 1 Meg
> memory units, installed and supported by Memorex.  I can't recall
> specifics, but I think there were other memorex units there, too.

I had a friend who worked for Telex back in day; she lost her job when
Telex girded itself for the legal dustup against IBM.  (Telex sued IBM
for anti-competitive practices; IBM countersued for copyright
infringement.)  This was back in the day that it seemed that everyone
was suing IBM.

Telex was acquired by Memorex back in the 80s.

--Chuck