Decmate Owner's Guide (or equivalent experience)

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Oct 17 13:54:30 CDT 2015

On 2015-Oct-17, at 10:58 AM, David Gesswein wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 09:40:37PM -0700, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>>
>> Pressing 2 & 3 do something, 2 causes the system to go away - presumably
>> looking for the disks; 3 causes a flashing cursor/underbar across the
>> screen - presumably the 'print screen' scan,
>> other operations don't work.
>>
> I take it 9 to enter local then the setup key to exit setup where you
> then get local echo of keys on the CRT doesn't work.

IIRC pressing 9 does not switch the LEDs from ONLINE to LOCAL as the doc says it should.
We should try exiting setup at that point to see if we get local echo regardless (the hardware is at Rob's place at the moment so I can't check immediately.)

Also IIRC, after pressing 2, "SETUP" disappears as it should, however there is no boot message, but CTL-SETUP does get us back to SETUP mode.

The reason I want to check the keyboard communication/scanning is because is because in addition to the above where some keys seem to do what is expected while others don't, 3 keys out of all of them (?, M & SPACE) do not produce keyclicks.