ASCI u68 (SystemX)

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Oct 16 13:34:55 CDT 2015

There has to be some support for it in the ROM ... otherwise it won't do
anything ... and may in fact cause the system to behave strangely (having
an uninitialized ACIA just sitting there on the bus) ... I'm fairly new at
writing assembly code but I found it was a few hundred lines of code to
implement a simple little monitor that could read strings from a serial
line and echo them back (on 6502, for comparison's sake). I guess since
this is a pre-built board, not something you made from scratch, this may
have already been done for you :O If the board looks OK ... no shorts, etc
... might as well power it up with a tty and see what happens! Assuming
there is an ACIA on board and it's wired to that port ...

Best,

Sean