Xebec 1410A (WAS Xebec 1402A Seagate HDD controller)

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:03:21 CDT 2015

On 10/12/2015 07:09 AM, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Devin Monnens wrote:
>
>> Ok, correction to previous message. It's a Xebec 1410A with 1.0 Firmware.
>> Should be MUCH easier to find now that we have the correct model number!
>
> This was in an IBM 5150 (original PC)?  I'm still confused.  The 1410A is a
> bridge board that presents an MFM drive as a SASI (pre-SCSI) device. What
> SCSI bus adapter is that machine fitted with?

Indeed, that and the 5150's PSU wasn't capable of running a hard drive.
Could have been upgraded, of course, but it just made me wonder if this
isn't some other IBM product with a similar model number, and not a 5150 at
all.

Unfortunately while I'm 99% sure that I have at least one of the boards,
they're over in England with no possibility of shipping them over to me in
the US in the near future :/

cheers

Jules