IBM 3480 server and storage

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Oct 8 12:42:41 CDT 2015

From: Cindy Croxton
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 7:00 PM

> My Chicago buddy has an entire IBM 3480 system, server and storage.  The
> storage rack has 64 hard drives.  He has the tapes that go with it.

> Email me if you are interested. I can get PN and pics.  Will palletize and
> ship or you can pick up. No, it is not a freebie J

Cindy,

It sounds like there are *three* items involved here.  The 3480 tape subsystem
is all short cabinets--I know, I've worked with them.  It is entirely possible
that there is a disk storage array and a server connected to the 3480, that is
to say, a complete data processing system.

Please ask your friend for a little more detail on the server and the storage
rack.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Sr. Systems Engineer