Manual for the Overland Data OD3201 Tape Drive?

Marc Verdiell marc.verdiell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:58:46 CDT 2015

>I've got a bunch of files that are Overland 32xx-related, but I don't
>know if they'll be useful. I don't recall where I got them off the web,
>but I'll be happy to forward them along. Probably close to 75MB worth.

Thanks, I¹ll gladly take all of it. Email away, or if you can share on a
web folder such as a Dropbox I can grab it. Jim Cimmeri also sent me some
relevant files, thanks Jim.

>I don't care much for the Overland desktop drives, due to the chassis
>being constructed largely of plastic.

Mine might be a different drive. Tower model, pretty slick design. Seems
well constructed, out of metal (I think!), no foam inside the door. And
nice locking door too. Very silent, easy to load. Like this one on e-bay
right now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-OVERLAND-DATA-STORAGE-TRACK-DRIVE-MODE
L-OD3201-/252096228767?hash=item3ab21b2d9f

I like it better than my Qualstars. But then again, I haven¹t yet met a
9-track tape I didn¹t like ;-). My favorites so far are the 729 7-track
tapes we have on the IBM 1401. Nothing beats a 1000 lbs, 112.5 inch/second
vacuum column drive :-) ! I just posted a video about them acting up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwftXqJu8hs

Marc