flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Fri Nov 27 12:34:43 CST 2015

> On Nov 26, 2015, at 04:29, Jerome H. Fine <jhfinedp3k at compsys.to> wrote:
>
> After that worked successfully, I became disappointed
> that I had to deface the floppy media with the extra holes.  The
> simple solution was to use a DPDT switch and flip the detection
> circuits so that the RX03 drive would signal a double-sided media
> what there was a single-sided index hole and the DPDT switch was
> in the alternate position.

Wouldn't that approach result in the sectors being shifted with respect to the index hole vs. the case where the conventional index sensor positions are used? I would imagine that it's a moot point if the disks are being formatted, written and read on the same drive, but I can imagine interoperation issues if you later punch the second jacket window to read/write the disks on an unmodified drive.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/