flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Mon Nov 23 18:11:06 CST 2015

From: David Bridgham
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 11:30 AM

>> For a classic/straightforward programming interface, the Massbus disks (RP04
>> and successors) are a good choice.  That will take you just over 500 MB, if
>> you emulate the layout of the RP07.

> Current thinking (at least my current thinking) is RK11 first then probably
> RP11, both optionally extended to support Q22 addresses.

Why bother with the RP11?  The RP03 gives you a maximum of 40MB (20MW) per disk.

> Finally, most likely the RH11 for some Massbus disks with 22-bit addressing.

Be careful with the RH11 (and other Massbus interfaces):  DEC lied in their
published descriptions of the signals.  In particular, 2 important ones are
interchanged in the tables.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/