VAX 4000-200 Maintenance

Sue Skonetski Sue.Skonetski at VMSSoftware.com
Thu Nov 19 16:11:32 CST 2015

Dear Rob,

Just an idea Nemonix Engineering (previous employer) does maintenance and support for PDP, VAX and Alpha.  I know that they had new batteries.  Not new in the DEC packaging but newly mad they may be able to do some thing for you.

Contact Wayne Beeson and let him know I sent you.

url is nemonix.com <http://nemonix.com/>
phone is 508-393-7700

Coming from a DEC background it was amazing to see this hardware still in active work.  On of my favorites was discussions was around fans.  When the hardware was originally made they did not include sealed fans for general sale so as the fan got old and slowed down it would gradually heat up the mother board so folks thought it was a mother board issue, get it replaced and then a few moths later the fan would break and people would have t replace.  Nemonix did both so it was not an issue just uncomfortable for the customer.

If there is anything I can do to help please just let me know.

Warm Regards,
Sue

> On Nov 19, 2015, at 4:27 PM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:

Sue Skonetski

VP of Customer Advocacy
Sue.Skonetski at vmssoftware.com
Office: +1 (978) 451-0116
Mobile: +1 (603) 494-9886

Mit freundlichen Grüßen – Avec mes meilleures salutations