Todays Topic from Panelman

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Nov 17 12:38:16 CST 2015

On 11/17/2015 2:34 AM, rod wrote:

> Now to the slide switches themselves.
>
> They are mounted by the screw hole lugs having been slid into  a groove
> in two aluminum bars which in turn are attached to the PCB by pillars
> and screws.
> There are six connection pins on the bottom of each switch that go into
> holes in the PCB. (not all used) Switch replacement would be easy and a
> complete switch and lever sub module not too difficult. I hear a voice
> from the distant past saying 'Micro switches'
>
> Thats all for to-day
>
> Rod

The ones I have seen (on my PDP-8/L and PDP-12) are simple stock
old-school slide switches (definitely not Micro-Switch switches), that
typically look like this one:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GF-1126-1110/SW105-ND/948

(I did *not* check dimensions to see if this particular one is right or
not - there were standard size and miniature versions.  But the photo
looks about right).

JRU