PDP 11/03

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Nov 10 10:31:44 CST 2015

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 05:56, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> (Actually, although there are only 10 pins, it looks like the connector
> housings will hold 14-pin shells, so it you want to not have to carefully
> align the cable before plugging it in, go for 14's. Haven't tried this
> personally - yet - so take that one with a grain of salt!)

That's precisely what I did for my little DLV11 to modular adapter. I'll share a picture later this morning. The DLV11 housing is wide, presumably to allow for wider ribbon cable connectors. I used a 14 pin housing to make it easier to line the connector up in the back of a dark equipment rack.

For my discrete wire cables, I've been using 10 pin housings with the keying pin blocked off, but 14 pin housings should also work. I keep a supply of the crimp pins on hand along with 1, 2, 3 and 10 pin housings to cover DLV11 cables plus the common varieties of jumpers I often need to cobble together. I can share part numbers if anybody would like me to.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/