PDP 11/03

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Mon Nov 9 14:38:45 CST 2015

On 11/9/2015 12:22 PM, Henk Gooijen wrote:
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: jwsmobile Sent: Monday,
> November 09, 2015 9:13 PM To: General Discussion: On-Topic and
> Off-Topic Posts Subject: Re: PDP 11/03
>> I am mainly asking if I want to hook up a terminal, can I get it
>>  going with TD, RD and GND (or 2 3 7 on a DB25), or do I need
>> to loop back any of the other pins.  Also I will have to figure out
>> the serial settings, as Dec was fond of even parity, and so forth.
>
> As far as my limited PDP-11 knowledge goes, none of them used
> handshake. So, Rxd, TxD and GND is all you need to connect.
> Also, common (?) is *no* parity.

Thanks, Henk.  The main instance I've ever encountered parity other than
N is with DEC systems, either VAX or Alphas.  And I was not connecting
to the consoles, which I am in this case.  Just worth asking.  Seems to
be one of the common fubars with all the "how do I hook up serial" to
any system.

thanks
jim