8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:05:58 CDT 2015

On Sat, 23 May 2015, Chris Osborn wrote:

> The GBS-8200/8220 doesn’t support composite input, only RGB. I’ve used
> the board on quite a few of my computers that output RGB and it works
> fine. I’ve even got a couple of blog posts:
>
> ZX Spectrum 128: 		http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/233
> Commodore 128 CGA:	http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/219
> BBC Micro:			http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/211
>
> I still need to hook it up to the CoCo 3 RGB, but I can’t imagine any
> reason it wouldn’t work. It also works fine with my Apple IIgs.

That really surprises me.  Mine was utterly unusable with the IIGS.  The
desktop (and all icons, folders, etc.) had distinct vertical bands through
them.  Also, lots of dot-crawl at sharp edges from what I recall.

I rather strongly suspect that there isn't any such thing as a single
GBBS-8200.  Rather, the manufacturer is constantly changing the firmware
(if not hardware) and it's a crap shoot as to what particular
ideosyncrasies will be encountered with an individual board.

Has anyone heard talk of the GBBS boards being field flashable?