Place of manufacture for DEC equipment?

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed May 20 00:21:42 CDT 2015

be aware there was a DEC  terminal plant here in phx az   late  70s  early
80s

Ed Sharpe  archivist  for SMECC  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 5/19/2015 9:53:59 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
ddsnyder at zoominternet.net writes:

The  serial number can be broken into 3 areas...

The first two digits  indicate the country of Manufacture

AY = Ayr, Scotland
BK =  Germany
GA = Galway, Ireland
IQ = Somewhere else
NI = Salem, New  Hampshire, USA
PC = Irvine, Scotland
KA = Kanata, Ontario, Canada
CX  = Colorado Springs, CO, USA
WF = Westfield, MA, USA
AB = Albuquerque,  NM, USA

The 3rd Digit indicates the year

7 = 1997   8 = 1998        9 = 1999     etc.

The 4th & 5th digits indicate the week of  manufacture from
January.

01 = 1st week in January
12 = 12th  week after January 1st (End of March)
20 = Mid April
For a rough  calculate take 4 weeks to the month

The remaining digits indicate  the run number.

00005 =        The 5th one made  at this plant
00100 =        The 100th one made at this  plant

>From the fog in my head...

Dan Snyder, Butler,  PA