EPROM dumps for HP Draftmaster II 7596A

Martin Peters martin at shackspace.de
Tue May 19 05:56:56 CDT 2015

Hi Ethan!

Ethan Dicks:
(...)
> I looked at the machine today - unfortunately, it's sealed up with
> torx and I didn't have the right tools with me.  Also, I'm not sure
> what panels I have to remove to get fast access to where the EPROMs
> are.  Can you send a photo of where the board is located?  I haven't
> found a link to a service manual, but that would be helpful too, if
> there's one out there.

Jocki (the guy engaged in repairing the Draftmaster) sent me this link:

http://dojoe.net/shack/7595-7596_HardwareSupportManual_07595-90025_168pages_Feb90.pdf

I haven't been in the shackspace (our local hackerspace) for weeks, but
I disassembled the housing for the controller board years ago to take
photos of the electronic, but I didn't document the disassembling itself.
I remember that it was not necessary to diassemble it completely to have
a look inside. I think, Jocki can tell you some details.

Jocki is not on the list. So I'd like to redirect the discussion to him
via PM. Is this ok?

regards,
Martin
--