PDP-11/74 MP

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 17:59:19 CDT 2015

On 15 May 2015 at 16:14,  <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:
> A correspondent just pointed me to a nice collection of photos of a (the?) 11/74 MP system:
>
> http://oboguev.livejournal.com/2696291.html

I heard it was supposedly called Phoneix (PHEANX as DECnet node name).
And yes, that is one of the 11/74 systems, and that is the RSX-11/M+
group's machine, from what I recall of previous discussions of it.

It's interesting to see the different names that the 11/74 could have
had as a product painted on the machine(s). I also recall somewhere
that one of the other names it could have had was 11/72. (I think for
a dual processor configuration?)

It's neat that the newest version of RSX-11/M+ still supports the
11/74 (try it on E-11).

Cheers,
Christian

--