PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:27:56 CDT 2015

That got me thinking:

"This is the DW8E-PC Omnibus Expansion Chassis.
The boards at the top convert the Posibus signals from the PDP-12 to
Omnibus signals on the backplane.
The Omnibus contains an LE8-FA LP01 controller, RK8-F RK05 controller,
and a PC8-E PC04 paper tape reader/punch controller.
It only supports one data-break controller per Omnibus.
If we add more flip-chips and then we could add an RX8E controller for
the RX02 floppies."

Or, if you *removed* the RK05 controller, could you substitute an RX8E
without modification?

A pdp-12 booting from a floppy disk would be an... interesting site to behold!

Mike

--

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.