RT11 / RSTS-E games

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu May 7 19:34:54 CDT 2015

On 2015-05-07 20:41, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:40 PM, John Many Jars
> <john at yoyodyne-propulsion.net> wrote:
>> I have 2.52 version of Dungeon
>
> That's definitely missing some features (puzzles) from later versions.
> I don't recall what does and doesn't backport from the VMS-era
> versions.

.dun
Welcome to Dungeon.                     This version created 16-Jan-03.
This is an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
A rubber mat saying "Welcome to Dungeon!" lies by the door.
 >version
V3.2C
 >history
Revision history:

16-Jan-03       Backport to RSX-11M-PLUS (V3.2C).
20-Oct-94       Bug fixes (V3.2B).
01-Oct-94       Bug fixes (V3.2A).
01-Feb-94       Portable VMS/UNIX version (V3.1A).
01-Jan-90       Portable version (V3.0A).
18-Oct-80       Revised DECUS version (V2.6A).
18-Jul-80       Transportable data base file (V2.5A).
28-Feb-80       Compressed text file (V2.4A).
15-Nov-79       Bug fixes (V2.3A).
18-Jan-79       Revised DECUS version (V2.2A).
10-Oct-78       Puzzle Room (V2.1A).
10-Sep-78       Endgame (V2.0A).
10-Aug-78       DECUS version (V1.1B).
14-Jun-78       Public version with parser (V1.1A).
04-Mar-78       Debugging version (V1.0A).

But that "backport" was done by me, and requires an RSX system with
split I/D-space to run...
I think in general V2.6 was the last version that was generally
available for PDP-11s.

>> and a version of Star Trek.
>
> Essential!

However, there are many different versions of that game...

>>   Anyone got anything else?
>
> If you are looking for games you _can_ play, a couple of years ago at
> VCFe, I hacked one of the RT-11 Z-Machines to run on RSTS/E (it needed
> one extra system call to do with memory allocation) so we could play
> Zork, Planetfall, etc., on Dave McGuire's PDP-11/70.  If you wanted
> that I could try to dig it up.  You just need a fistful of .Z3 files
> to play, then.

I would guess that would be ZEMU? Do you have the RSTS/E fixes around. I
have been hoping for ages that someone would just try and get it running
under RSTS/E, since then I could incorporate those fixes into the
distribution as well.

> I also used to have a number of RT-11 games when I was in front of a
> PDP-11 every day.  I know I have them on an RL01 pack...

There are a bunch from DECUS, I believe.
Afraid I can't help much, though. All stuff I got is for RSX.

	Johnny