PDP11GUI v1.46

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Mon May 4 21:20:32 CDT 2015

No, I am grateful to Jörg for his work and his willingness to share it with
us.  But I actually bought (cheap used) box to run Win7, for those rare
occasions when I want/need to run something that only runs on Windows.
It's always been a pain, especially since every time I fire it up it wants
to spend a half-hour or more fixing things they didn't code right the first
time. WinXP was pretty much the pinnacle of Windows development IMHO, and
it's been a fast toboggan ride into the sewer ever since.

But I'd forgotten about Wine - I usually run Mac OS X these days unless I'm
running something 'interesting'.  (I've been playing with Plan 9 again
lately, and of course VMS.)  Maybe that Win7 machine will get converted to
some Linux flavor….  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."