Computers_With_BASIC_in_ROM / was Re: Texas Instruments CC-40 won't boot

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sun May 3 10:45:16 CDT 2015

On May 3, 2015, at 8:28 AM, Pete Turnbull <pete at dunnington.plus.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I was about to say that.  The Sorcerer was always sold with the BASIC ROM PAC fitted, and to my way of thinking, that's really no different from a ROM plugged into the board, as it was on a Commodore PET or an Acorn Atom.

Ok I guess I should ask then was it necessary to remove the BASIC ROM PAC to load other software or cartridges? In the case of the Atari 400/800, yes, so BASIC is definitely external software. If the ROM is an extra module that would be installed in the computer and never removed in normal use, then it should probably be included on the list.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com