TD Systems TDL-11 QBUS (SCSI?) card

Seth Morabito lists at loomcom.com
Sun May 3 00:41:55 CDT 2015

* On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 07:41:02PM -0700, Glen Slick <glen.slick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have access to an EPROM programmer? Before someone turned up the
> manual for the TDL-12 I found enough clues to figure out how to start the
> onboard DMON configuration utility be examining the contents of the EPROM.
> A dump of the EPROM should also show whether or not there is even an
> onboard configuration utility.

A great idea, and yes I do. I've made dumps of the ROM (an Intel 2764)
here:

http://www.loomcom.com/retrocomputing/pdp11/tdl11/

The ROM is simply labelled "IAX 3.2". I ran `strings` on it and it
confirms there is some kind of utility intended for SCSI, and there
appears to be RL01 and RL02 support, so maybe it's more like the
TDL-12 than I thought it was!

> Are the major ICs a Z-80 CPU, plus a couple of 8255s instead of a more
> typical NCR 5380 SCSI controller?

That's exactly right, yes.

-Seth