Ridge 32/330 up and running!

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:06:08 CDT 2015

On 3/29/15 10:28 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> The Ridge 32 looks pretty cool, but what drew my attention was the box
> sitting next to it--a Houdaille mini.  I'm familiar with the Houdaille
> Strippit turret punches and have a few floppies from them.
>
> http://www.strippittech.com/STRIPPIT_HOUDAILLE_HECC80_CONTROLS.html
>
> Do you know what the box you have was used for?
It's a rebadged PDP-8/L from late 1969.  The guy I got it from says it
was used until the mid-2000s for creating paper tapes that drove CNC
machines.  It came with an ASR-33 teletype, its only peripheral, so I
assume the ASR was used for punching the tapes.

After a few small repairs it's running fine, I still need to get the
ASR-33 working properly (still having trouble with the reader-run
control, and everything needs to be cleaned.)

I have more pictures of it here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117997069161125071032/albums/5900332767325749025

Thanks,
Josh