What kind of adhesive for floppy drive?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:15:25 CDT 2015

Loc-tite isn't a glue, it's an anaerobic sealant. It will +only+ cure if
deprived of air (in fact, oxygen, I believe). It cannot be used in place of
a typical adhesive, as it lacks many of the qualities of adhesives.

Interesting fact - Loc-tite was developed several years before it could be
marketed, as any time it was sealed up in an air-tight container, it would
harden. It was only the development of gas-permeable polyethylene bottles
that made it practical to sell commercially. The containers allow just
enough gas ingress that the materials will not cure off in the bottle.