Mac SE/30 making zipping and buzzing noises

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:53:44 CDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 03/20/2015 02:08 PM, David Griffith wrote:
>
>  Would that be the cause of a flicker in the crt?
>>

> To me, it sounds as if there's an arc going on in the FBT.  But that's
> just from general knowledge--I have no experience with Mac SEs.

It's been a while, but as I said, those power connections can cause all
sorts of odd issues. Just carefully & completely re-flow them with some
SN63 material (if you have it, else SN60 will do) and know that it's one
issue you won't have to face.

IIRC, one unit with that problem had flicker, static in the speaker and
also system instability. It was either an SE/30 or a Plus, I had several of
each model at the time.