Qbus split I&D?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:41:31 CDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Roe Peterson <roeapeterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Im thinking about a pair of RL02 drives myself.

My memory of that is you will have to do some manual directory
management to split across two disks.  Like I said, the primary
install should fit in 10MB, but not with source and man pages, and the
load-from-tape procedure doesn't give you a lot of flexibility.

> I am guessing I will have more success prepping a pair of RL02 images with simh and using vtserver to copy them to the RLs than trying to find a suitable working tape drive...

I didn't figure you had a real tape drive (most people don't,
especially for Qbus) and I don't even remember if there _is_ a DEC MT
Qbus controller (there is probably a 3rd-party one).

> Ive got an old eagle drive I want to play with, I have an emulex SC03 on the way...

That sounds like a winning combination.

-ethan