Recommendation for a PROM burner

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Sat Mar 14 00:20:20 CDT 2015

I believe he said his primary interest was the old bipolar proms (82S141,
82S129, etc.). I didn't think the more "modern" ones mentioned earlier in
this thread would do those but I could be wrong.

The data I/O 29B most definitely has a serial port, does the old bipolars,
and is somewhat frequently on ebay. The serial port has 3 modes; one is
designed to hook up a dumb terminal to and it presents menus. The second is
a simple protocol you can type by hand. I think the third is for use with an
external computer (and they provide dos-based "Prom-Link" which provides
full control over the programmer).