Small DEC cardcage with backplane

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sat Mar 7 20:09:04 CST 2015

On 07/03/2015 21:37, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> If I remember correctly, a 9 slot x 4 connectors wide are ABCD and
> available with support for either 18-bit or 22-bit addresses.  The
> last slot usually expects a terminator board.  I can't remember the
> actual part numbers.

Not necessarily.  H9273 (18-bit) and H9276 (22-bit) are indeed straight
backplanes, but H9275 is serpentine.

> There are also more recent backplanes in a BA23 box which are
> 8 slots by 4 connectors wide.

True, but Sander was looking for something small, and those boxes aren't
very small with the PSU and drive bays!  He'd be better looking for a
BA11-M or its backplane, an H9270.  That's a a 4x4 serpentine with card
guides, that can fitted right onto the side of an H780 PSU.  Or a BA11-V
which is a small-form tabletop box with a 2x4 serpentine backplane
similar to an H9281-BA.

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull