Where to get a Vax or microvax

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 12:28:05 CDT 2015

> To give folks an idea of how much stuff I had jammed into my (many) storage units, as I was
> going through them trying to figure out what I'd keep and what I would "dispose" of, I found a
> VAX 11/780 that I didn't know that I had.  I knew that I had one in storage as I was digging/sorting
> I "discovered" a second 11/780 that I had forgotten was in there.
>
> You *know* you have too much stuff and it's packed too tightly when you can "lose" a VAX 11/780!

Kersqueeble!

When I moved last year I found an RK05 (drive) that I had forgotten about, but that was about it. No really
large machines came out of the woodwork.

A tip for anyone moving in the UK. Do as much as you can yourself. I had the misfortune to use a removal
company who assured me they could move the stuff and would handle it properly. Result : a heck of a lot
of damage that will take years to put right, parts will have to be made from scratch, etc. And absolutely no
way to get a penny out of them

-tony