1990 Era computer room

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Jun 24 13:40:11 CDT 2015

On 6/24/2015 9:33 AM, J. David Bryan wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 22:14, jwsmobile wrote:
>
>> Also I don't recall the Data Products ever scaling as fast by
>> restricting columns.  At least our 2230, 2260 and 2290 UC only and 96
>> character set printers didn't.  Got the same speed regardless of the
>> columns on those Data Products printers.
> The HP 2767A service manual (02767-90002, available from Bitsavers) is a
> reprint of the Data Products 2310 service manual.  Page 1-17 says:
The Data Products 2310 isn't a 2230, 2260, or 2290.  Those are later
models than the one
that is being discussed here.  When you fired all the same characters on
these printers, however
the printer almost seemed like it wanted to move with a 64 character
model.  It was possible to get
it to do that if you studied how to get the right pattern of characters.