Documation card readers for sale

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:24:07 CDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 7:14 PM, John Ball <ball.of.john at gmail.com> wrote:

> About six months ago I struck a deal with a place down in California for
> four Documation M1000's that I've been able to tell so far they all work
> but
> I really don't have space for more than one.

If anyone here does get one, I've got a simple Arduino UNO program that
interfaces to the parallel output and sends fully decoded information over
USB at quite high speeds. The M-1000-L is a great reader, very reliable,
and easy to work on too (I did a little routine maintenance, but mine was
in 100% working shape when I got it).

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27Mr199I7g

I'm also working on getting a cable made to hook up to the M843 CR8-E
punched card reader interface for the PDP-8/E, but that's a project for
another day (year?).

Kyle